Exploring is based on a unique and dynamic relationship between youth and the business organizations in their communities. Local community organizations initiate a career-oriented Explorer post by matching their employees and program resources to the interests of young people in the community. The program of Exploring is based on five areas of emphasis: Career Opportunities, Life Skills, Leadership Experiences, Character Education and Citizenship. The result is a program of activities that helps youth pursue their career interests, grow and develop. Exploring posts can be organized in a number of career fields. Some include: law enforcement, health, law, engineering, aviation and business.
The Exploring Program provides:
- Real-world career experiences for youth
- Delivered through partnerships with thousands of businesses, organizations, state, local, and federal agencies
- Mentoring, internships, and community service
- Social and career networking opportunities
- Leadership development program